LiveVox Resources | CFPB
Staying Ahead of the Changing CFPB Rules
LiveVox’s industry-leading solutions help you make CFPB compliance a top priority. As the rules continue to evolve, it’s more important than ever to ensure you’re adhering to the letter of the law.
On October 30 and December 18, 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) released new rules regarding debt collection communications.
These rule changes apply to contacting customers by phone, but now for the first time ever, the CFPB has also formulated rules regarding the use of email and SMS in debt collection. With the clock already ticking and the deadline for implementation looming on the horizon, LiveVox has the right solutions to help you take a proactive, compliance-focused approach to the new CFPB rules.
Easily manage voice contact attempts
The new CFPB rules impose frequency restrictions on debt collectors by limiting the number of calls that can be made to a consumer about a particular debt. With the power of LiveVox’s PDAS, you can configure voice attempt controls across all of your campaigns and start setting your calling rules now—long before the implementation deadline.
- Align strategies with specific CFPB contact rules and regulations
- Leverage customizable, on-demand configurations at the account and phone number-level
- Maximize outbound contacts in a proactive and compliant fashion
- Attain greater control over your outreach efforts
- Applicable across your in-house or outsourced network.
Learn more about how LiveVox’s PDAS lets you easily create contact attempt rules in keeping with the new CFPB regulations.
Simplify multichannel consent management
For the first time, the CFPB has formulated rules clarifying the use of SMS and email in collections, specifying that all messages must include explicit opt-out messaging. Before, it was important to capture consent from customers. Now, it’s more critical than ever. With LiveVox’s embedded Consent Management tool, powered by our Unified CRM solution, you can simplify how you manage consent and customer preferences across an omnichannel environment.
- Track channel consent from initial communication to final communication
- Embedded consent management on the agent desktop
- Pre-defined emails with mandated opt-out links
- SMS templates with CTIA-keyword opt-outs
- Real-time unsubscribe account-level consent updates
- All outreach engagement (mass and individual interactions) adhere to the customer’s consent flags.
Learn more about how LiveVox’s Consent Management tool lets you easily capture and track customer opt-ins and opt-outs across all channels.
Expand to digital messaging
The new CFPB rules limit the number of calls that can be made to a customer about a particular debt to seven attempts in seven days unless specific consent is provided (and even then there are limitations). This creates the perfect opportunity to expand your communications into SMS and email. With LiveVox’s 2-Way Messaging Bundle, not only do you have the ability to exchange emails and text messages with your customers, but you’ll also be able to effectively manage consent capture and revocations across digital channels.
- Engage in two-way conversations with your customers on their channel of choice
- Increase your compliance risk mitigation with built-in consent capture across all digital channels
- Leverage pre-written messages that can be configured to automatic campaigns
- Use disclosures to customers as an opportunity to promote digital channels
- Reduce agent handle time with our CRM by improving routing and interaction visibility across all messaging channels
- Improve operational efficiency using customer data and interaction history for better campaign management, segmentation, and reporting.
Learn more about how LiveVox’s Two-Way Messaging Bundle lets you easily connect with customers on their channel of choice while also managing consent.
Use speech analytics to record customer channel preference
With the new CFPB rules, your agents are going to play a vital role in capturing consent and the opportunity that comes with it. You’ll also need to make sure your agents are responding correctly when a customer opts out of a specific channel. At LiveVox, we offer a solution tailor-made for capturing and managing consent in your contact center: SpeechIQ®. With the power of advanced AI, you can accurately and objectively monitor and analyze 100% of your calls to ensure agents are asking for consent and responding to opt-outs properly—and using mandatory statements.
- Record and monitor 100% of consumer interactions—especially important for managing consent
- Automated scorecards verify consent was granted and confirm revocation was processed
- Achieve better defense against lawsuits by easily searching for consent capture and evaluating conversations around time-barred debt
- Drive ROI and increase quality management efficiency using intelligent, targeted, data-driven coaching strategies
- Get up and running in days with a system that is refreshingly simple to set up and use and works with your existing contact center platform
Learn more about how LiveVox’s SpeechIQ® enables you to capture and retain all of your call recordings, while also mining them for data and insights.
Learn about LiveVox’s customer engagement platform
Download this brochure for a comprehensive view of LiveVox’s capabilities.
Learn why leading contact centers chose LiveVox as their call center for Omnichannel, CRM, AI, and Workforce Optimization solutions.
Frictionless Agent & Customer Experiences
Easily improve customer service and shift customer engagement between voice and digital channels while unifying all interaction history, customer profile information, and controls into a tailored agent desktop that improves effectiveness and speed.
One Unified Platform
All LiveVox contact center operations are accessed via a single, secure cloud-based platform, allowing for a seamless experience for agents, supervisors, and decision-makers.
Supplement rather than replace your existing systems of record and CRMs using our simplified API approach, so agents get up and running quickly.
Reduced Total Cost of Ownership
Drive performance and stay on top of security requirements with a TCO model that also avoids unnecessary technology, minimizes the need for costly professional services, and offloads security costs.
A Partnership You Can Trust
LiveVox contact center solutions will support your unique business goals with a continuously evolving platform, in-depth training, dedicated account managers, our Customer Care Team, and Business Consulting sessions.