Stay Ahead of Changing CFPB Rules
LiveVox’s industry-leading solutions help you make CFPB compliance a top priority. As the rules continue to evolve, it’s more important than ever to ensure you’re adhering to the letter of the law.
On October 30 and December 18, 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) released new rules regarding debt collection communications.
These rule changes apply to contacting customers by phone, but now for the first time ever, the CFPB has also formulated rules regarding the use of email and SMS in debt collection. With the clock already ticking and the deadline for implementation looming on the horizon, LiveVox has the right solutions to help you take a proactive, compliance-focused approach to the new CFPB rules.
Subscribe to LiveVox Insights
Sign up for the LiveVox newsletter and learn about the latest trends and innovations curated for contact center leaders.
Fill out the form below to sign up:
Easily manage voice contact attempts
The new CFPB rules impose frequency restrictions on debt collectors by limiting the number of calls that can be made to a consumer about a particular debt. With the power of LiveVox’s PDAS, you can configure voice attempt controls across all of your campaigns and start setting your calling rules now—long before the implementation deadline.
- Align strategies with specific CFPB contact rules and regulations
- Leverage customizable, on-demand configurations at the account and phone number-level
- Maximize outbound contacts in a proactive and compliant fashion
- Attain greater control over your outreach efforts
- Applicable across your in-house or outsourced network.
Learn more about how LiveVox’s PDAS lets you easily create contact attempt rules in keeping with the new CFPB regulations.
Simplify multichannel consent management
For the first time, the CFPB has formulated rules clarifying the use of SMS and email in collections, specifying that all messages must include explicit opt-out messaging. Before, it was important to capture consent from customers. Now, it’s more critical than ever. With LiveVox’s embedded Consent Management tool, powered by our Unified CRM solution, you can simplify how you manage consent and customer preferences across an omnichannel environment.
- Track channel consent from initial communication to final communication
- Embedded consent management on the agent desktop
- Pre-defined emails with mandated opt-out links
- SMS templates with CTIA-keyword opt-outs
- Real-time unsubscribe account-level consent updates
- All outreach engagement (mass and individual interactions) adhere to the customer’s consent flags.
Learn more about how LiveVox’s Consent Management tool lets you easily capture and track customer opt-ins and opt-outs across all channels.
Expand to digital messaging
The new CFPB rules limit the number of calls that can be made to a customer about a particular debt to seven attempts in seven days unless specific consent is provided (and even then there are limitations). This creates the perfect opportunity to expand your communications into SMS and email. With LiveVox’s 2-Way Messaging Bundle, not only do you have the ability to exchange emails and text messages with your customers, but you’ll also be able to effectively manage consent capture and revocations across digital channels.
- Engage in two-way conversations with your customers on their channel of choice
- Increase your compliance risk mitigation with built-in consent capture across all digital channels
- Leverage pre-written messages that can be configured to automatic campaigns
- Use disclosures to customers as an opportunity to promote digital channels
- Reduce agent handle time with our CRM by improving routing and interaction visibility across all messaging channels
- Improve operational efficiency using customer data and interaction history for better campaign management, segmentation, and reporting.
Learn more about how LiveVox’s Two-Way Messaging Bundle lets you easily connect with customers on their channel of choice while also managing consent.
Use speech analytics to record customer channel preference
With the new CFPB rules, your agents are going to play a vital role in capturing consent and the opportunity that comes with it. You’ll also need to make sure your agents are responding correctly when a customer opts out of a specific channel. At LiveVox, we offer a solution tailor-made for capturing and managing consent in your contact center: SpeechIQ®. With the power of advanced AI, you can accurately and objectively monitor and analyze 100% of your calls to ensure agents are asking for consent and responding to opt-outs properly—and using mandatory statements.
- Record and monitor 100% of consumer interactions—especially important for managing consent
- Automated scorecards verify consent was granted and confirm revocation was processed
- Achieve better defense against lawsuits by easily searching for consent capture and evaluating conversations around time-barred debt
- Drive ROI and increase quality management efficiency using intelligent, targeted, data-driven coaching strategies
- Get up and running in days with a system that is refreshingly simple to set up and use and works with your existing contact center platform
Learn more about how LiveVox’s SpeechIQ® enables you to capture and retain all of your call recordings, while also mining them for data and insights.
Why Choose LiveVox?
Better Customer Experience
Agents engage via configurable workflows in tailored desktops. The tailored desktops have the benefit of key consumer profile information and interaction history, to provide superior customer experiences.
One Unified Platform
All LiveVox capabilities are accessed via a single, secure, cloud-based platform, allowing for a seamless experience for agents, supervisors, and decision-makers.
Supplement rather than replace your existing systems of record and CRMs via our open APIs so agents get up and running quickly.
Reduced Total Cost of Ownership
Drive performance and stay on top of security requirements while also reducing operational and capital expenditures.
Comprehensive compliance controls including consent and revocation management as well as CTIA industry guide and TCPA and CAN-SPAM regulations.
Customer Channels of Choice
Engage with customers in the places they want to be including Voice, Email, SMS, and Web Chat and unite all conversations.