LiveVox Products | Voice
Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)
Route inbound tasks to the right agent and department based on customer profile and interaction history, IVR inputs, agent skills, and more.
Key Benefits of LiveVox’s Automatic Call Distributor
LiveVox’s ACD can route inbound calls to specific agent teams, outbound services, voicemail boxes, a self-service IVR, or several of these options.
Unified contacts across channels
Regardless of channel, LiveVox can route the engagement—Voice, Email, SMS, or Webchat—to the appropriate agent.
Power of the Cloud
Because our global ACD is based in the cloud, you can route to any agent regardless of location, whether inside your contact center or working remotely.
Match the right agents to the right calls
Route incoming calls and messages to the agents or departments most qualified to handle them, driving-up first call resolution and improving customer experience.
Learn how LiveVox’s IVR capability can also drive personalized customer experiences.
Know your customers at all times
LiveVox’s ACD gathers important customer data to better route calls. And, it can provide fast identification and rapid response to your most valuable callers.
Learn how LiveVox’s CRM functionality helps track all customer interaction history in one place.
Leverage data to optimize CX
Access key interaction data such as call routing attempts and self-service completion rates to better understand and improve the customer journey.
Learn how data can uncover ways to improve the customer experience.
See ACD in Action
What is an Automatic Call Distributor System (ACD)?
- It uses an interactive voice response, or IVR, system to gather information from the caller, then weighs that information against a set of rules to decide where to send the call.
- Based on their inputs and the call center’s preconfigured rules, a customer may be routed to a live agent, a voicemail box, a self-service tool, another IVR menu, or some combination of these.
- Handles routing and advanced calling features for inbound and outbound calls
- Enables scheduled business hours, custom greetings, and hold music, among other functions
- Automatic call distributor systems were once used primarily for routing phone calls, but they can now be used to handle incoming requests across channels, including email, text and live chat.
An ACD is invaluable in managing large volumes of calls, helping organizations direct thousands of inquiries to the most appropriate destination:
- ACDs help keep live agents from getting overwhelmed by deflecting routine inquiries to self-service tools.
- And, with mundane tasks like address changes and bill payments off their plate, agents are freed up to focus on more engaging service requests.
- Ultimately, ACDs improve the customer experience by making sure the user is connected with the most effective solution for their problem in the shortest amount of time.
Helpful Features of Automatic Call Distributor Systems (ACDs)
The best customer interactions happen when they’re directed to an agent who has the right skills to service their call the first time around. Skills-based routing uses scoring to assess agents’ expertise, then route them calls that are best matched to their capabilities. This highly useful feature results in more first-call resolutions and more satisfactory outcomes.
As you add more support channels, the complexity of managing inbound volume grows. An ACD with omnichannel capabilities streamlines routing for all channels with a single, consolidated queue. Adding new channels is seamless with the ability to prioritize agents based on the channels they’re most proficient with.
Quickly and easily make changes to your routing directives based on volume, seasonality and other business needs. In addition to skills-based routing, route calls according to agent experience level, location, talk time, or in a fixed order
Avoid the customer frustration that comes with long call queues by offering convenient overflow options like the ability to receive a call back or leave a voicemail. This is especially helpful in account-based businesses where callers may wish to reach a particular agent. Shorter wait times mean happier customers and more pleasant agents.
LiveVox Voice Capabilities
- Manual, Preview, and Human Call Initiator (HCI®)
- Human Text Initiator (HTI)
- Automated Dialing System
- Text to Speech
- Screen Pops
- Voicemail Management
- ACD with Dynamic Routing
- LCID and Answering Machine Detection
- Call and Screen Recording
- 3rd Party API Integration
- Secure Payment Capture
- Agent and Manager Chat
- Campaign and List Management
- Granular Outreach Restrictions
- Consent Management
- Content Library
- Quality Monitoring and Performance Reporting
- Unified CRM and WFO Functionality
- Agent Coaching
- CRM Integration
- Outbound Attempt Supervisor
Learn why leading contact centers chose LiveVox for their Omnichannel, CRM, AI, and Workforce Engagement Management solutions.
Frictionless Agent & Customer Experiences
Easily improve customer service and shift customer engagement between voice and digital channels while unifying all interaction history, customer profile information, and controls into a tailored agent desktop that improves effectiveness and speed.
One Unified Platform
All LiveVox contact center operations are accessed via a single, secure cloud-based platform, allowing for a seamless experience for agents, supervisors, and decision-makers.
Supplement rather than replace your existing systems of record and CRMs using our simplified API approach, so agents get up and running quickly.
Reduced Total Cost of Ownership
Drive performance and stay on top of security requirements with a TCO model that also avoids unnecessary technology, minimizes the need for costly professional services, and offloads security costs.
A Partnership You Can Trust
LiveVox contact center solutions will support your unique business goals with a continuously evolving platform, in-depth training, dedicated account managers, our Customer Care Team, and Business Consulting sessions.