- LiveVox General Counsel, Mark Mallah, joins Reid Houser, Head of Global Compliance and Privacy Officer, Sitel Operating Corporation, Inc. and Nick Whisler, Partner, Mac Murray & Shuster, on a panel moderated by PACE CEO Stuart Discount, discussing the TCPA and regulatory trends and how they are impacting risk-mitigation strategies
- The panel will cover:
- Key aspects of the TCPA including the definition of an ATDS and consent
- Current and future state of the TCPA
- Hot topics impacting customer engagement strategies
- The panel takes place Monday, September 24th at 4pm ET at the 2018 PACE Washington Summit in Washington DC
SAN FRANCISCO, September 24th, 2018 – LiveVox Inc., a leading provider of cloud channel of choice communications solutions, announced that General Counsel, Mark Mallah will join Reid Houser of Sitel Operating Corporation, Nick Whisler, of Mac Murray & Shuster, and PACE CEO Stuart Discount to provide insight into the current regulatory environment and compliance trends impacting customer engagement strategies. The panel takes place on Monday, September 24th at 4pm ET at the Washington PACE Summit in Washington DC.
On the event, Mark Mallah, General Counsel, LiveVox said, “I am excited to be joining industry leaders at this educational event to discuss the latest issues surrounding the TCPA, regulatory compliance, and technology trends influencing risk-mitigation strategies. As compliance concerns remain top of mind for contact centers, it is important to stay continually informed about the latest case law and strategies for driving consumer engagement while reducing exposure.”
TCPA case law continues to evolve and even vary between circuits, most recently exemplified by last Thursday’s Marks v. Crunch San Diego, LLC decision. In this ruling, the Ninth Circuit Court took an expansive interpretation of the TCPA, stating that automatic dialers that call from a list are subject to the TCPA – a significant contrast with the Third Circuit Court’s more narrow interpretation. With contradicting rulings such as these, uncertainty continues to impact the contact center industry.
However not all recent rulings on TCPA-focused technology have been negative. Among the forefront of positive decisions has been LiveVox’s risk-mitigation dialing solutions, which received four favorable rulings before the D.C Circuit Court decision, and two afterward, all six cases finding that LiveVox’s technology was not an ATDS under the TCPA.
To learn more about LiveVox,’s TCPA risk-mitigation solutions and other comprehensive compliance tools, click here.
About the event:
- EVENT: TCPA and Regulatory Trends
- DATE/TIME: Monday, September 24th, 2018 at 4pm ET
- LOCATION:2018 PACE Washington Summit, Washington D.C.
- Reid Houser, Head of Global Compliance and Privacy Officer, Sitel Operating Corporation, Inc.
- Nick Whisler, Partner, Mac Murray & Shuster
- Mark Mallah, General Counsel, LiveVox, Inc.
About LiveVox, Inc.
LiveVox is a leading provider of enterprise cloud contact center solutions, managing more than 12+ billion interactions a year across a multichannel environment. With over 15 years of pure cloud expertise, we empower contact center leaders to drive effective engagement strategies on the consumer’s channel of choice. Our leading-edge risk mitigation and security capabilities help clients quickly adapt to a changing business environment. With new features released quarterly, LiveVox remains at the forefront of cloud contact center innovation. Supported by over 450 employees and rapidly growing, we are headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Atlanta, Bangalore, and Colombia. To learn more, visit LiveVox.com or email us at Info@LiveVox.com